Do you want to know how to reset Linksys Velop? There is no need to look any farther because you have just discovered the ultimate resource. You will learn how to simply reset your Linksys Velop with parent and child nodes by the end of this article. Locate the parent node and press and hold the reset button at the bottom of the device for 30 seconds to reset your Linksys Velop. After that, repeat the process for all child nodes in your Linksys Velop system’s home.
How To Factory Reset Linksys Velop?
It’s simple to reset your Linksys Velop system. The only thing you need to do now is do a system reset on all of the Velop devices.
Note: Once the parent node has completed the reset, child notes can either be reset or reconnected.
Important: Before proceeding with the instructions to factory reset your Linksys Velop, keep in mind that your device must be turned on. If your nodes’ LEDs light up purple or blue when they power up, you know they are active.
Step 1: Prepare Your Devices. All settings and configurations made to your Linksys Velop will be erased if you reset it. WiFi names, passwords, and security types, as well as all temporal configurations, will be erased. The reset won’t function for a few minutes if you’ve recently restarted or power cycled any of the nodes in your Linksys Velop system. Your nodes must have been actively running for a couple of minutes in order for the reset to work. Double-check that the LED is either purple or blue light before interacting with any of the nodes. Any other light could signal that a process is still running, and the factory reset button will not operate.
Step 2: The Parent Node Must Be Reset. All child nodes will be connected and operated remotely from the parent node, which is usually a single device.
Follow these steps to reset the parent node in your Linksys Velop system:
- Make sure your parent node is lit up in purple or blue light.
- Turn the smartphone on its side.
- Locate the factory reset button on the device’s bottom panel.
- Press and hold the factory reset button for 30 seconds.
- Once the LED on your parent node begins to slowly flash, release the button.
Step 3: Reset All Child Nodes. Since your parent node was reset, all child notes have been detached from the network and are now idle. To complete the reset, repeat the process with all of the child notes in your system, just as you did with the parent node.
To reset the child nodes on your Linksys Velop system, follow the procedures below:
- In the bottom panel of the child nodes, look for the factory reset button.
- For 30 seconds, press the factory reset button on each child node.
- Once the LED light changes and the device reboots, release the button.
You’ll most likely require a guide on how to connect and set up all nodes after the reset, so we’ve got you covered!
How To Reconnect Child Notes In Linksys Velop System After Reset?
Now that you know how to restore factory settings to Linksys Velop, you’re probably asking how to reconnect the devices. You’ll need the Linksys mobile app, which you already have loaded on your phone, for this.
To verify the status of your Linksys Velop system and nodes, follow these steps:
- On your smartphone, open the Linksys app.
- At the bottom of the page, select Launch Setup.
- When the app asks for permission, select Allow.
Accept the terms and conditions.
- Select Velop when the app asks what sort of router you’re using.
- The connection will be set up if ALL wires are connected properly and you click Next.
- Make sure you’re logged in to your account.
- Set the name and password for your WiFi network.
- Give the node a name and give the room a label.
- You’ve completed the task!
If you have any problems during the reset or later when reconnecting the devices, you can always contact Linksys customer service for assistance.